- It exceeded my expectations dramatically. I expected the course to be boring but it was very entertaining.
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This course is part of the following course bundles:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
Introduction to Companies, Funding & the Capital Markets – Online Course
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
This course covers the basics of financial markets and instruments; how the capital markets work and the role of key participants; how companies access the capital markets and what it means to be a listed company.
- Understand capital markets, how companies issue shares and bonds and how they are traded
- Appreciate the role of investment banks
- See the perspectives of key participants such as sell-side analysts, ratings agencies and investors
- Learn lots of financial jargon and concepts
What you will learn
Financial Markets & Instruments
- Financial markets
- Financial instruments
Equity, Debt & the Capital Mix
- Funding options
- Characteristics of debt & equity
- The capital mix & leverage
- How capital markets work
- Initial public offers
- Bonds and shares
- The role of investment banks
- Who does what?
- Financial regulation Understanding
- What is a bond?
- How are bonds priced?
Stock Markets & Indices
- Global stock markets & indices
- Bubbles and crashes
Investors & Fund Managers
- Making the link with your investments
- Types of fund & investment styles
- Sell-side analysts
- Rating analysts
Being a Listed Company
- What’s expected?
- Managing expectations
- Why does share price matter?
How you will learn
Our online courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
We use visuals, audio and plenty of interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point. All courses come with a briefing paper for you to download and keep.
Our online courses are on demand, so you can do them whenever and wherever you like. You can use any device with speakers or headphones.
With our personalised approach you are welcome to email or phone your tutor if you have questions or you’d like to discuss any aspect of the course and we will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).