Preview this Course
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, please contact Miranda Lane (email@example.com)
This course is part of the following course bundles:
The courses below will complement your chosen course.
The Basics of Business Finance – Online Course
2-3 Hours Introductory Skills
This course is designed to give you a good understanding of the basics of business finance. You will learn how businesses are funded and what the money’s used for; how they make profits and generate cash; how to measure business performance; where to find the information you’ll need. You’ll see how income statements and balance sheets work and you’ll also understand key financial jargon, concepts and commonly used financial metrics.
- Develop a good understanding of the basics of business finance
- Learn lots of key concepts and financial language
- See how financial statements work and how they are used
- See how to calculate commonly used financial metrics
What you will learn
Where the money comes from
- Funding options and characteristics
- Typical company funding
- Cost of capital
What the Money is Spent on
- Types of asset
- Balance sheet jargon
- Depreciation and amortisation
- Net debt and net working capital
- Reviewing a real balance sheet
How much profit does the business make
- Income statement jargon
- Who uses what
- Adjusted profit and EBITDA
- Impact of changing prices and volumes
- Income statement analysis
- Reviewing a real income statement
Does the business generate cash
- Making profits versus generating cash
- How cash flows work
- How the three statements fit together
Is it worth the effort
- Return on investment
- Economic profit
Summary and conclusion
- Where to find the information
How you will learn
Our online courses are written and designed in-house to be practical, concise and engaging. They are great as a stand-alone learning tool, as a pre-course requirement or to consolidate your previous learning.
We use visuals, audio and plenty of interactivity to keep you interested and alert. You can control the pace and can recap at any point. All courses come with a briefing paper for you to download and keep.
Our online courses are on demand, so you can do them whenever and wherever you like. You can use any device with speakers or headphones.
With our personalised approach you are welcome to email or phone your tutor if you have questions or you’d like to discuss any aspect of the course and we will monitor your progress & send reminders when necessary.
You will have 4 months to complete your course (longer if required).